Assault On Aoral
Little reward in the way of stunning vistas and scenery at the summit of Phnom Aoral, this is a trek for those who are fit, like adventure and to ‘rough it’ and are happy to add the highest mountain in Cambodia to their peaked list!
This is not a path well worn by Sunday strollers – this is a small expedition into a very remote part of Cambodia.
Maximum group size is 6 adults, and Expeditions only operate between mid-December to mid-April due to the region being impassable during the monsoons (April to November).
We offer tiered pricing according to group size, enabling exclusive experiences for solo and couple experiences, as well as small group adventures. We do not operate group sizes of more than 6 people in general, as we believe smaller groups have less environmental impact on the mountain.
Cresting the Country’s Highest Peak.
A pleasure that speaks for itself, climb a peak that is higher than Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the UK, and is still almost completely unknown to the outside world.
The Sights and Sounds of the living Jungle.
Little of the jungle that covers the mountain has had any interference from man and is abundant in wildlife, from pilated gibbon to (rumoured) tiger, wild cow to bush pig.
Driving deep into the Cambodian countryside.
The further you get from Phnom Penh the further into the past you travel. And the Cambodian countryside is of particular natural beauty.
The Cambodian Rural Experience.
Stay in a remote Cambodian village and experience the country’s rural traditions. See a way of life that has changed little since the Bronze Age, and enjoy spending time in the company of the rural Khmer people, whose warmth and good humour are legendary.
The tour is for a period of 8 days and the price includes:
- Experienced Tour Guide and support staff.
- Airport transfers.
- Buddhist Good Luck Blessing.
- All regular expenses for the participant and guide during the 8 day period.
- All meals whilst trekking.
- Accommodation, based on twin share unless otherwise specified.
- Use of support vehicle and other modes of transport as specified in the itinerary.
- Tickets and passes to all locations specified in the tour itinerary.
- Any alcohol consumed during the course of the tour by either guide or participant.
- Any personal daily consumables, for example: cigarettes.
- Expenses incurred that are not listed as part of the itinerary.
- Any plane flights either international or domestic Cambodia.
- Medical treatment or evacuation of a participant either as a result of being on tour or not as a result of being on tour.
- Medical or Evacuation insurance.
- Cost of sending trek payment to Cambodia.
- Walking boots
- Clothes suitable for trekking in tropical jungle.
- Small day pack, carrying one days worth of clothes and toiletries (he who travels lightest, travels furthest).
- Water carrier, min 2 litres (CamelBak recommended) water purifier.
- Energy bars/food or vitamin supplements.
- Pocket knife/pocket tool (Leatherman recommended).
- Handheld GPS and digital camera.
- Sunglasses and clear glasses.
- Independent Travel Insurance (not optional, must be carried by all participants).
- Personal Medicines (any specific medical conditions to be reported to event leader prior to departure) and anti-malarial precautions/insect repellent.
- Photocopy of passport and current visa and spare passport photos.
- Waterproof bags for carrying valuables, (such as wallet)
- Map of Cambodia
- Copy of guide book ‘Adventure Cambodia’ by Matt Jacobson, published by Asia Books