The Temple Raider Tour
Cambodia Motorcycle tour running during November each year, that means the jungle vistas and countryside views are at their most vivid and beautiful, as it is the end of the monsoons, and the start of the dry season.
This is a Cambodia Expeditions classic. Adopted by several other operators by name as well as route!
The Temple Raider was inspired by the moderately famous Angelina Jolie, and her role as Lara Croft. Famously, one of Cambodia’s hidden jungle temples – Tha Phrom, in Angkor City – featured in her 2001 movie, Tomb Raider, and through our extensive experience in-country, we devised a bike adventure that took in the most impressive, and less travelled Temples that Cambodia has to offer. Real beauties, that were inaccessible to anyone except on foot or dirt bikes.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Dirt Bike, Discovery, Guided Tours, History, Jungle, Motorcycle, Wildlife
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Medium Group
The original Cambodia off-road motorcycle tour. The Temple Raider truly is an itinerary that has stood the test of time – like the very temples of Angkor that are on it! Delivering an experience that really is a journey of discovery for so many riders over the past 16 years, it still never fails to remain in the memories of riders long after they have left their adventure with us behind them.
Gradually becoming more frequented by tourists with the advance in infrastructure and sealed roads making the long tourist bus journeys more feasible, this itinerary is still one of our proudest and most cultural.
If you sign up for this adventure, you’ll be the envy of most Cambodians – let alone tourists – as by the the time you reach the final destination of Siem Reap – home to the legendary Angkor Wat – you will have taken in their most ancient, massive and truly stunning architectural gems that are hidden in the depths of this rain forested land!
A scheduled adventure with our good friends over at RAMS in the UK, we also offer this tour on a bespoke basis to suit your own calendar, or you are welcome to join the RAMS on their adventure too! We would just politely ask that if you have heard of Cambodia Expeditions through RAMS, that you make it known clearly to us on booking, or that you continue to book your adventure directly through them.
- Motorcycle Mounted Guide(s) and Mechanic(s).
- Meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner unless otherwise specified.
- Accommodation on a twin share basis.
- Tickets and passes to all locations with the exception of Angkor Wat.
- Support vehicle(s).
- Luggage transportation from each accommodation.
- Motorcycle rental and transportation of bikes to start of the event and from the end of the event
- Fuel for the motorcycles.
- Regular wear and tear to the motorcycles of both rider and guide
- Airport transfers, unless arriving/departing independently of the main group
- Tour T-shirt
- Any alcohol consumed during the course of the tour by either guide or participant.
- Any accident damage caused to a participant’s motorcycle while on tour. All accident damage costs must be paid by the participant.
- Expenses incurred that are not listed as part of the itinerary.
- Medical treatment or evacuation of a participant either as a result of being on tour or not as a result of being on tour.
- Medical or evacuation insurance.
- Cost of transferring deposit money/tour payments to Cambodia.
- Third-party in-country motorcycle insurance
The accommodation you can expect on this tour is mid-range. Please bear in mind that Cambodia has only really had a tourism industry for 17 years, and some mid-range options are rather more rudimentary than you might expect in the West.
Your accommodation is included from the evening of the 14th November up until the evening of the 25th November inclusive.
Based on twin sharing accommodation.
Single occupancy upgrades.